General Information for visitors
- Citizens of ASEANs :Thailand,Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia,Lao,Philippines and Brunei passport holders are not required visa to Vietnam for a short visit . Apply for popular passport type with return tickets .
- Citizens of Korea, Japan & Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland passport holders) are no need Vietnam visa for a short visit .
- With the tendency of opening up to the world, a new visa exemption policy from Vietnam government is expected to be implemented before 2016
- Visa required :
- All the other citizens are required to get Vietnam entry visa before departure (Vietnam visa issued prior to departure by Vietnamese consulates or embassies) or a pre - approved Vietnam entry visa (visa is issued on arrival at Vietnam’s International Airports) supplied before arrival in Vietnam .
* There are a number of agencies offering a visa on arrival . You apply and pay for a letter of approval online through a commercial company and collect your visa on arrival at the airport . These agencies usually charge an additional fee .
- Apply online for visa on arrival : www.vietnam-immigration.org
Noibai International Airport , the only international airway gate in northern Vietnam, serves the capital city of Hanoi . By the end of 2014 , the new highway directly connecting Hanoi downtown to airport will shorten the distance to city's center more than haft of the current .
• During the conference period, LOC will have a youth volunteer group to greet and assist all AsCA’ 16 attendances at the Noibai international airport .
Taxis to downtown Hanoi with a cost around VND 350 , 000 to VND 400 , 000 (US $ 17 - 20 ) (toll charges are included) .
Airport Minibus and Limousine offer one way trip costs VND 50 , 000 (US $ 3 ) to Quang Trung or Tran Nhan Tong street .
Public bus fare is 5 , 000 VND (US 25 cents) . Buses run every 15 - 20 minutes from 5 a . m . to 10 p . m and take about 1 hour .
China: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Nanning, Kunming
Taiwan: Taipei, Kaohung
Japan: Fukuoka, Nagoya, Osaka, Tokyo
Korea , South: Busan,Seoul
Cambodia: Phnom Penh, Siem Reap
Laos: Vientiane, Luang Prabang
Indonesia: Jakarta, Bali
Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur
Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket
Qatar Airline have a direct flight from Dubai to Hanoi.
Poland and Russia: Moscow
Variety types of transportation go around Hanoi (ref: http://www.hanoi-hotel.vn/hanoi-transportation ). However, for the new visitors unused to chaotic street here, the taxi offers the best choice with fast speed and convenience but but also cost the most (12000-15000VND/km (50-60US$ cents)
|AUSTRALIAN AND AMERICA
Sidney and Melbourne,....
More information in details:
Currency & Money: Dong (VND). Notes are in 500k, 200k, 100k, 50k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 2k, 1k and 500.
Credit cards: Many shops and supermarkets accept MasterCard and Visa. However, outside main towns and cities, it is wise to carry cash.
Travellers cheques: Travellers' cheques are accepted in banks, money changers and some hotels although most travellers now use debit cards because of the increased number of ATMs. It is best to take US Dollar travellers' cheques to avoid additional exchange rate charges and expect to pay a high commission.
Currency exchange: The US Dollar is the most favored foreign currency. However, Australian, British, Japanese and the other common currency, as well as the Euro, can usually be changed in the most bank branches.
The current rate is around 21,500 dong/USD
Local attraction: World Heritage Sites in Vietnam
• The International Union of Crystallography (IUCr).
• The Asian Crystallographic Association (AsCA)
• Vietnam Ministry of Science and Technology
• Vietnam Ministry of Training and Education.
• Vietnam Union of Science and Technology.
• National Foundation for Science and Technology
• Development (NAFOSTED).
• Hanoi University of Science and Technology.
• Industrial Companies